Step 1 - Choose base botanicals
It's easy! You're about to do this in 3 easy steps
- In Step 1: Choose your serum base ingredients and primary active botanicals – you can do this based on the main function you would like your serum to perform and understanding why the ingredients work
- In Step 2: Add a secondary function for your serum to complement your base or choose more actives to enhance the effects of your base
- In Step 3: Choose your aroma blend of essential oils
Rejuvenate and Brighten
- Vitamin C is hailed as being so powerful it can prevent and even reverse some of this UV related damage. However, the most common form of vitamin C found in cosmetics today (L-ascorbic acid/ Ascorbic acid) is so unstable, that it can oxidize and become ineffective in products very quickly, or worse, even cause more damage than help. Our vitamin C ester (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate) is the most effective and stable form of vitamin C on the market to-date. Clinical studies of this vitamin C ester have had spectacular results in suppressing melanin production, brightening and rejuvenating skin.
- Our coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone) is derived from plants and is a powerful anti-oxidant that battles free-radical damage, thereby reducing damage to skin’s structural proteins collagen and elastin. It maintains skin’s structural integrity on a cellular level resulting in firmer, tighter skin.
Plump skin with moisture
Replenish with naturally derived Hyaluronic acid for that moistened, dewy look of glowing skin. This is a liquid skin emulsion that will sink into skin quickly. It is suitable for all skin types
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring carbohydrate in the human body. It fills the spaces between skin cells and provides moisture and suppleness to skin. Youthful skin is abundant in hyaluronic acid that helps hold moisture to skin keeping skin moistened and plump. With age, we tend to produce less and less of Hyaluronic acid. This shows quickly starting with fine lines around the mouth, crow’s feet and sunken skin under the eyes.
- Our Hyaluronic acid (chemical name Sodium Hyaluronate) is derived from glucose, soy and yeast. It penetrates the dead cell layer and permeates skin quickly increasing hydration and improving skin elasticity.
- Hyaluronic acid is an ingredient that is effective for all skin types (including oily skin), and works with any other product (acne medication, sunscreen etc.) that you might be using. What’s more Hyaluronic acid is also a “smart nutrient” as adjusts its moisture absorption rate based on humidity and climate.
Blue light and pollution defense
Blue light from electronic devices can harm your skin in the same way UV and sunlight can. In some cases, it can even be worse as blue light can penetrate deeper than UV. As the amount of screen time doesn’t appear to be reducing any time soon, you might want to consider defending against the damage that blue light causes. Our blueberry complex defends against blue light damage while also minimizing visible signs of damage such as premature wrinkles and spots. This is a light oil based serum base that is fast absorbing and suitable for all skin types..
- Blue light ( High Energy Visible or HEV light) is emitted by electronic devices like smart phones, tablets and computer screens. Blue light is as damaging as UV for skin. In fact, blue light penetrates deeper than UV and hurts skin even more by disrupting skin proteins like collagen and elastin, leading to premature aging, wrinkles and even some spots.
Our special blueberry complex made from upcycled blueberries is a superfruit complex that can absorb blue light to shield skin from the oxidative damage of blue light. Plus it is a natural source of pro-vitamin A that can assist in preventing and minimizing damage like fine lines, wrinkles and even spots.
While you can buy physical blue light protection for your computer, change light settings for your phone and try to reduce your screen time, its going to be nearly impossible to limit or remove your exposure to minimize blue light damage in this highly electronic world. So, why not get a blue light defense serum base?