Step 2 - Add enriching oils
Repair sun damage
Sun damage leads to spots, discoloration and premature wrinkles. Ingredients like Seabuckthorn and Tamanu are known for regenerating skin while Cucumber are Aloe cool and calm irritated skin.
- Aloe and cucumber seed oil:keep skin clean, refreshed and moisturized preventing skin dehydration that could lead to cracking or peeling. Aloe is particularly healing for sun damaged skin and gently calms skin that has been burned or been over exposed to sun. Cucumber seed oil has phytosterols that can act as an anti-radical shield
- Tamanu and coco butter:heal and regenerate skin with essential fatty acids. Coco butter nourishes stressed skin and helps retain moisture and restore elasticity. Tamanu oil contains an-antibiotic (lactone) to combat pain of sun damage
- Sea Buckthorn berry:contains fatty acids, beta carotene and Palmitoleic acids to soothe and regenerate damaged skin tissue
Fight wrinkles, fine lines & loss of elasticity
- Vitamin C, Pomegranate and Raspberry seed oils: Extrinsic aging (UV and environment based aging) caused by free-radicals, is known to cause 90 % of wrinkles and age spots. Vitamin C is special because, not only is it a powerful antioxidant, it also repairs damage by stimulating collagen production and tones skin by suppressing hyperpigmentation. Most forms of vitamin C used in cosmetics are prone to oxidation over time and are rendered ineffective in products. We use the most stable form of vitamin C in the market today. Pomegranate seed and Raspberry seed oils are packed with anti-oxidants that combat free-radical damage
- Plant based Retinol alternative - Moth bean extract: Retinol is probably one of the most researched, popular anti-aging skin ingredient in the market. However, Retinol is known to be harsh on skin, causing redness or irritation. Our plant derived retinol alternative from moth bean fights signs of aging by regenerating skin, increasing cell turnover revealing younger skin while gently reversing UV related oxidative damage - all the benefits of Retinol without the harsh side effects
Protect from pollution
Pollution wreaks havoc on skin by depleting skin’s anti-oxidants, leaving skin dull, irritated and even slightly inflamed. Super anti-oxidants Rosehip seed, Green tea and vitamin C replenish your skin's antioxidant levels and protect from oxidative damage, while Argan oil conditions skin and improves skin elasticity. It’s a great pack to add when living in or travelling to polluted cities.
- Vitamin C is a powerful anti-oxidant that not only protects skin but also tones skin by suppressing hyperpigmentation It actively promotes skin regeneration. Most forms of vitamin C used in cosmetics are prone to oxidation over time and are rendered ineffective in products. We use the most stable form of vitamin C in the market today.
- Japanese green tea extract: is naturally rich in anti-oxidants to protect skin from UV and pollution. Furthermore, it is anti-bacterial and reduces redness, inflammation and skin irritation
- Rosehip seed and Argan oil:High in fatty acid content, vitamin A (a precursor to Retinol) promotes gentle skin exfoliation. It protects against spots and scars caused by UV and is a very light oil that penetrates quickly. Argan oil , known as liquid gold, is high in vitamin E, linoleic acid, omega fatty acids. It is a fast absorbing and nourishing oil that balances skin, improves skin tone and prevents loss of skin elasticity
Brighten skin tone
Age spots, sun spots and blotchy skin are generally caused by hyper-pigmentation in a response to UV damage. Botanicals that help suppress melanin production in skin are Licorice root extract and Bearberry. Rosehip seed oil and Willow bark extract help by gently resurfacing older, helping inflamed and injured skin to shed d to reveal younger skin beneath
- Rosehip seed and Willow bark extract: High in vitamin A content, Rosehip seed oil helps tone skin. Willow bark contains Salicylic acid that promotes gentle exfoliation of the outer, dull skin to reveal younger skin beneath
- Licroice root extract: is a multifunctional extract that not only calms skin that has been inflamed but it also contains compounds that induce skin lightening by dispersing melanin pigment and enhancing more even pigment distribution.
- Bearberry extract: Bearberry is a dwarf evergreen shrub indigenous to the dry, sandy, rocky soil climes of Europe, Asia, and Northern and Central America. It has been used by the Europeans since the 13th century for medicinal purposes. Its leaves contain Hydroquinone glucosides which applied topically, becomes Hydroquinone. Hydroquinone. Hydroquinone inhibits melanin production and it reduces the appearance of freckles, melasma and age related spots
Need to change the base?
No problem! You can easily go back, take another look and choose a different base if it suits you.